Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default KO Lee Model BA960 T&C grinder

KO Lee Model BA960 T&C grinder
I ran across one of these for sale. What's the value if an air
bearing fixture for grinding end mills, a compound spin fixture (for
grinding cutters), arbors, centers, fingers, wheels.
Looks like it was built in the mid 60s.
TIA

RWL

2 yrs ago..that would have been worth $2500

I got mine for free. Well...$75...one hour worth of my labor rate.

Mighty handy to have if you can get one cheap.

Gunner

Thanks Gunner. I had quite a bit of difficulty getting an idea of
value on these critters. I eventually also posted over on Practical
Machinist and finally got a few responses there. The consensus was
that many companies were almost giving them away to guys who would
haul them out of the plant, but $500 was a fair price currently for a
private sale. The seller I was going to visit in the Philly area
cancelled the visit when I told him what the other guys were saying. I
was hoping he'd get over the reverse sticker shock and email me back.
He still may.

If I had transportation I ran across a better deal in IL. A guy
closing his grinding shop offered me 3 tooled Cincinnatis and a Gorton
for more reasonable price. Total weight is about 8000 lb. At most I
could tow one Cinci with my Tacoma and it would be a 14 hour round
trip. I'll look into less than load carriers, but my gut tells me
this isn't economically feasible.

Thanks again for the info.

RWL