Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15099 Ignoramus15099 is offline

Default OT Car purchase advice

On 2010-01-17, Mike Henry wrote:
Honda CRV? I wouldn't call it cushy or especially quiet, though.

My wife had it and it was great in all respects. It spent 10 years
outside and looked almost like new.

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Looking for a new car with the following requirements (most important
first).

1. Back lift gate. (wagon or small SUV)

2. Has to be quiet with very little road noise.

3. Soft cushy drive.

4. 26 plus highway mpg.

I've tried the Subaru Forester and Outback. Tried all the different
Hyundai models. Tried most of the GMC products.

I guess what I am up against is that the whole world loves the new "sport
suspensions" whereby your rear-end feels every saw cut and expansion joint
in the pavement. The stupid looking 'low profile' tires don't help
either.

At my age, this is probably the last car I will ever purchase and I would
like to get it right. BTW don't mind buying a model that is 2-3 years
old.

All group advice appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary