Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default New Dishwasher

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Master Betty wrote:

"RBM" wrote in message

"Master Betty" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message

"Master Betty" wrote in message

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Master Betty wrote:

From what I understand Kitchen Aid is not owned by Hobart (They
make
restaurant dishwashers) but they still make decent dishwashers.

Yes, they are now a part of Whirlpool

If
those are too expensive I'd look at what the big box stores have

Why? Do you think they have better product or prices? Most small
dealers now belong to buying co-ops and can sell at the same prices.
They often offer much better service too.

Yeah.. I just think they usually have better prices but that could be
poopee talk

Sorry about the spelling. Don't know what got into me. Actually
that's how bad I spell w/o the checker.

I went to Lowe's to see their models and prices. They probably had
over 20 models on display. Truth is, most looked pretty much the same,
mechanically. The Bosch that I ended up buying, I bought online for a
total of $250 less than Lowe's was selling it for

I recently shopped for a pool heater and the dealers here can't touch
the online prices. I found one local though. A $1300 heater used (for a
few days) for $500. Lady bought the wrong kind for her pool.

About five or six years ago, I was shopping for a pool heater. I was
checking stores and online. The online prices were so much less than the
local stores, plus with no tax, the decision was a no brainer. They did
want an extra $50 if I needed a lift-gate truck. I told them I have a
loader, just let me know when it's coming. Ultimately they delivered it,
unannounced, with a lift-gate truck, no additional charge, and it came
from a pool supply company about 25 miles away, despite the online store
being from another state.

One place wanted $125 another $250 for shipping. Tale gate service. No
tax. The locals can't compete even with the shipping when you throw in
the 8.25 tax.

this is what i got used w/30 day warranty no shipping....: It needs a
fork lift. We'll have to use a dolly.

http://www.raypak.com/jumpPool.cfm?t...ak_Digital.htm

You do know the law says you are supposed to pay the 'use tax' on
purchases like that, right? (aka substitute sales tax). I'd be careful
about admitting you are a scofflaw about it online, lest the state tax
people (or your neighbors) use that as an excuse to make your life
miserable.

Just sayin'

--
aem sends...

OMG, we didn't say we didn't pay the tax, only that they didn't charge tax