Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default New Dishwasher

"Master Betty" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message

"Master Betty" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message

"Master Betty" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message

"Master Betty" wrote in message

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Master Betty wrote:

From what I understand Kitchen Aid is not owned by Hobart (They
make
restaurant dishwashers) but they still make decent dishwashers.

Yes, they are now a part of Whirlpool

If
those are too expensive I'd look at what the big box stores have

Why? Do you think they have better product or prices? Most small
dealers now belong to buying co-ops and can sell at the same
prices. They often offer much better service too.

Yeah.. I just think they usually have better prices but that could
be poopee talk

Sorry about the spelling. Don't know what got into me. Actually
that's how bad I spell w/o the checker.

I went to Lowe's to see their models and prices. They probably had
over 20 models on display. Truth is, most looked pretty much the
same, mechanically. The Bosch that I ended up buying, I bought online
for a total of $250 less than Lowe's was selling it for

I recently shopped for a pool heater and the dealers here can't touch
the online prices. I found one local though. A $1300 heater used (for
a few days) for $500. Lady bought the wrong kind for her pool.

About five or six years ago, I was shopping for a pool heater. I was
checking stores and online. The online prices were so much less than
the local stores, plus with no tax, the decision was a no brainer. They
did want an extra $50 if I needed a lift-gate truck. I told them I have
a loader, just let me know when it's coming. Ultimately they delivered
it, unannounced, with a lift-gate truck, no additional charge, and it
came from a pool supply company about 25 miles away, despite the online
store being from another state.

One place wanted $125 another $250 for shipping. Tale gate service. No
tax. The locals can't compete even with the shipping when you throw in
the 8.25 tax.

this is what i got used w/30 day warranty no shipping....: It needs a
fork lift. We'll have to use a dolly.

http://www.raypak.com/jumpPool.cfm?t...ak_Digital.htm

Wow, that's nice. That's just what I need... That and about $30K worth of
pool renovation. I'm getting a Bobcat skid steer, a pile of sand, and a
jack hammer instead.

That thing will heat my pool in no time. You should fix your pool if you
can. You'll get the money back if you sell.

Mines about 28 years old, 10,000 gal. We have a small backyard. I fixed
some of the mosaic and the spa needs new plaster. Of course my wife says
it needs to be re-plaster and retiled.

There's a guy (website) that did it himself with his family. Tough job
that needs skill.

I actually read that guy's blog. He knows a lot less than he thinks he
knows, believe me. I've kicked it around and decided to fill it in, but in
the process, I am preparing the site for a future install of a fiberglass
pool, which will probably be around the 10,000 gallon size. The current
cement pool is 32K gallons, too big, too old, too much maintenance