Posted to alt.home.repair
Master Betty Master Betty is offline

Default New Dishwasher

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Our 22 year old dishwasher is finally worn out, so we're going to replace
it.
When I removed it, I found several things that I didn't like. The copper
tubing
for the water inlet is kinked. That makes me nervous. The power is coming
through a hole in the floor that is big enough for a mouse to get through.
That's an easy fix.

The dishwasher was installed incorrectly. The idiots who installed it put
wood
shims under each roller and under the front feet. According to the manual,
the
wheels should have been set on 4 or 5 for the cabinet height. They were
set on
2. The front feet had plenty of room to unscrew.

When I made my daily trip to Lowes, the salesman suggested that I get one
of the
steel clad dishwasher hoses to replace the copper tubing all together. (My
first
thoughts were to replace the copper with Pex, but it's not worth the
trouble,
since I don't have the experience or the tools to use it.) Any thoughts to
the
contrary?

My wife wants a plain and simple under-the-counter stainless dish washer.
Is one
brand particularly better than another? We're not interested in ones like
they
put in million dollar houses.

Everytime I have to get in to replace or fix something I find something the
privious owner did that makes me wonder WTF?

I recently replaced our acient Kitchen Aid with a GE that doesn't get the
dishes clean and the wheels on the dish holders are already falling off.

From what I understand Kitchen Aid is not owned by Hobart (They make
restaurant dishwashers) but they still make decent dishwashers. If those are
too expensive I'd look at what the big box stores have but check the
hardware and make sue it looks sturdy. Had I looked at the cheapo casters GE
uses I'd of passed on the model I bought.