Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default New Dishwasher

RBM wrote:

I just replaced my dishwasher and went through your situation. My
research showed that there were no clear winners as the "best"
dishwasher, at least as far as the end users were concerned. It
seemed an equal number of people liked as hated most machines.
Most new machines are built totally different from the older ones.
They call it "tall tub", which would indicate more room inside,
however our measurements show a shallower tub from front to back, and
clearly less room inside.

It has been a few years since we bought a new one but my findings were
similar to yours. Most every DW will get the dishes clean. What you are
buying for more money is features and style.

The Whirlpool family is supposed to be a tad more reliable. The Bosch is
well liked for noise level, but my local dealer says it is more prone to
needing service calls. He still sells them, but no longer has them on the
floor. Maytag touted three racks instead of two. I found the bottom rack
too low and useless so we did not buy that brand.

My advice is to set a budget and buy the one your wife likes the best for
whatever her reason is. We got a Kitchen Aid that she things is pretty.
Works well.

You may get a better deal and better value from the local dealer as opposed
to the big box store, More reliable delivery, good price, good install.