Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Alex Thomm Alex Thomm is offline

Default Need Help With TV

I have a Philips TV model 32MF505W/17 that has no sound. Something popped and
smoked and when the sound stopped. The picture is still fine. I've taken off
the back and took off the center metal cover. Everything looks fine there.
There is another metal cover that I cannot take off without being a little
inventive. Under that cover I suspect will be the amplifier board? There
should be something visibly burned there but I can't see it with the cover in
place.

If that circuit board is fried, is it possible for me to buy a new one and
install it myself?