Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark Whittingham Mark Whittingham is offline

Default Waterproof finish for rosewood veneer countertop

On Jan 17, 1:51*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/17/2010 12:33 PM, Robatoy wrote:

This is one I drew up for a customer to show her how awkward her
proposed layout would look.
She LOVED it!!... Oh well. They're hard to clean too..you need to wipe
both sides of the bowl and get in between it and the
countertop...naaaa, just a fad, me thinks..(hoping)
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Corner.jpg

IMO, ditto for "farm" or apron sinks. They hang over the front edge of
the cabinet and water ends up on the floor and down the front of the
base cabint. Many, if not most, are designed with flat bottoms and flat
bottoms do NOT drain completely, no matter how level.

I like farm sinks, but I would modify them a bit. I'd have them stick
out over the faceframe by about 1/2" and make the sink have a 1/4"
half round protrusion on the bottom so water doesn't run down the
front and then back onto the face of the cabinets. Not sure that is
the best way to describe it. When I see overlay doors and the counter
doesn't protrude past them it bugs me. An old GF had some like that
and whenever you'd spill something it's get all over the front of the
doors and drawers. I blame the Corian installer.

JP