Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: Abby Sunderland

On Jan 17, 12:57*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 08:02:58 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

wrote:
On Jan 16, 12:00*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Leon wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

I answered your question and am not going to go farther since you are
insisting in staying this loop.

See Robatoy's answer to you,, he sum's it pretty nicely.

Better yet look at upscales response.

I lost interest in anything Robatoy had to say a long time ago and I don't
see anything from upscale either.

This from a guy who thinks he can 20 knots out of a 40-foot
displacement hull.

It's been done. And not even a modern boat. The venerable Cal 40,
which was introduced in the early 1960's. Sustained 15 knot runs, and
they have hit 25 knots.

Of course, this involves surfing! They are still competitive in the
TransPac.

You mean planing.... I was talking about a displacement hull, like
Jessica's