Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Show Me Your TS Cross Cut Sled

In article ,
says...
Alrighty... I started on my cross cut sled.
It's a sheet of 1/2 melamine about 2x3' with two runners.

It slides nice and easy with no wiggle. I'm getting ready to put the
front and back cross pieces on and possible a blade guard. I'm also
pondering what to do as an adjustable miter gauge, clamps, etc.

So, show me yours.
What have you done that works well.

I just finished a new sled. Sorry, no pictures yet.

I added a couple of T-slots for clamping. The fence has a T-slot on top
for a stop block and sandpaper on the front for when I'm too lazy to use
a clamp :-). Also an extension for crosscutting long pieces.

Since I'm starting to do segmented turning, I added a mount for an
auxilary fence in front of the main fence. It swings to whatever angle
I need for the segments.

And as another poster pointed out, be sure the fence is *square* to the
blade.