Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Waterproof finish for rosewood veneer countertop

On Jan 17, 11:41*am, Robatoy wrote:
I have a client who had a nice countertop made by a local cabinet shop.
It is only 30" wide by 22" deep and is mostly covered by a square vessel
bowl/sink.
He built it out of 2 layers of particle board and veneered it with a
nice thick slab of rosewood.
He finished it with, who-knows-what and there were rings from glassware
on the finish, but not into the veneer itself.
The guy who made it is dead, so no info from him.
So far, I Festooled down to the veneer, all is well, looks nice, etc.

Now...spar varnish? (She thinks that would be too shiny) I will want to
spray it, so my (up to) 2.0 tip will handle thick stuff.

Rub down the spar varnish with some 600 wet/dry or pumice to knock
down the shine.