Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Read it, and weep ...

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

RonB wrote:

I guess that is hard not to do if you live too far east or west. I
am amazed, when we watch the real estate shows on HGTV. They are
selling an older California or Massachusetts home and I'm thinking
"that's a $170,000 home. Then they show the $750,000 price. We are
still selling new $300,000 homes in the plains states for around
$300,000, not $1.5M.

Some years ago a Cambridge MA resident was going to retire and move
to Alabama. He put his house on the market and called a realtor in
his soon to be new home town to set up appointments. When she heard
the price range he was looking for, she replied "I don't think we have
anything in that range". He ended up with a huge house on few acres on
a river (dock and boat included) with fancy gardens and still put a
few hundred thousand $ in the bank.

That's the problem with location, location, location. You can only put
money in the bank going one way. Going back requires taking it out or a
funny Fanny Mae.
--
Best regards
Han