Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default plantar fasciitis

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 23:08:16 -0500, the infamous Paul Franklin
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:49:30 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:26:25 -0500, the infamous Paul Franklin
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:56:39 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:03:45 -0500, the infamous
scrawled the following:

Has anyone else gotten over plantar fasciitis? What worked? (In case
it's not coffee.) I really -need- full use of my left foot.

my wife has been treating her's with ice. 30-45 minutes of resting her foot
on an icepack at night will cause the problem to not be there in the
mornings. that lasts for a couple of days. there's some research that shows
it can also be alleviated with a foot brace, so your foot is flat during
sleeping hours. when you sleep, your toes can curl down. hours in this
position can cause the problem.

My wife had this real bad a few years back. Her doc sent her to a
physical therapist who gave her a bunch of exercises to do. Many of
them involved one of those giant stretchy bands.

After a few weeks of the exercises all the pain was completely gone.
She now wears custom orthotics (shoe inserts) to prevent reoccurrence
and they seem to work well as she hasn't had any more trouble.

Paul, was hers at her heel or the ball of her foot? Mine's at the
ball, under the index toe of my left foot. Occasionally, the right
foot gets a similar (much milder) pain under the index and 4th toe
proximal/metatarsal joints.
http://www.landholt.com/Graphics/Ima...t_bones_01.jpg

The ball of her foot. One foot, I forget which right now, was much
worse than the other, but both bothered her, too.

Excellent. Does she still have the instructions? Most of the
exercises should have names. Could you ask her what they are for me?
TIA.

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.