Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default plantar fasciitis

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 15:12:36 -0500, the infamous
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:56:39 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:03:45 -0500, the infamous

scrawled the following:

Has anyone else gotten over plantar fasciitis? What worked? (In case
it's not coffee.) I really -need- full use of my left foot.

my wife has been treating her's with ice. 30-45 minutes of resting her foot
on an icepack at night will cause the problem to not be there in the
mornings. that lasts for a couple of days. there's some research that shows
it can also be alleviated with a foot brace, so your foot is flat during
sleeping hours. when you sleep, your toes can curl down. hours in this
position can cause the problem.

Ice and a brace worked for my wife (over a few weeks).

I discern that the splints are used more for heel-end than toe-end FP.
Thanks.

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.