Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Game Change

On Jan 17, 7:44*am, Hawke wrote:

Besides that the free market theory is an 18th century idea and last
time I looked it's the 21st century. Things have changed and the free
market is not keeping up with the modern world. It's about time we
produce a modern theory to replace it with.

Come up with a modern theory to replace it. We are all ears.

It had its day and now it's
over. All you have to do is look around the world and you will find that
where so called free markets exist the people are not prosperous. A
select few are very wealthy but the majority do not do well. Case in
point, take Mexico. As far as I know Mexico has a capitalistic, free
market system. Corrupt, but a free market. I just heard yesterday that
2/3 of their stock market capitalization is made up of companies all
under the control of one man, Carlos Slim, the richest man in the
country. Mexico also has a lot of billionaires. If you look at the rest
of the nations that are "free market" systems you see the same pattern.
Maybe not as severe but the same thing in general. The majority of the
people are not very well off and a rich elite own everything. Hey, just
like the U.S. So I guess all free market countries are like that. I
think if we try we can come up with something that doesn't distribute
the wealth quite so unfairly.

Hawke

Try looking at

http://www.heritage.org/Index/Ranking.aspx

It ranks Mexico as number 49 as far as being a free market. The top
15 are as shown below. All places that are generally prosperous.

1 Hong Kong 90.0 +0.3
2 Singapore 87.1 -0.2
3 Australia 82.6 +0.4
4 Ireland 82.2 -0.3