Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default New Dishwasher

"mcp6453" wrote in message

When I made my daily trip to Lowes, the salesman suggested that I get one
of the
steel clad dishwasher hoses to replace the copper tubing all together. (My
first
thoughts were to replace the copper with Pex, but it's not worth the
trouble,
since I don't have the experience or the tools to use it.) Any thoughts to
the
contrary?

My wife wants a plain and simple under-the-counter stainless dish washer.
Is one
brand particularly better than another? We're not interested in ones like
they
put in million dollar houses.

The SS clad fex hose are fine, easy to use and seem to last. The one on our
DW is about 15 years old.

If I were replacing the DW after all these years I would use a new hose and
not reuse the old one.

With appliances, I find the best bang for my buck at about the mid-point of
any product line. I am completely out of touch with prices right now. When
we bought our current unit Whirlpool ranged from a low of about 200 to a
high of about 750. We bought the multi-cycle model for about 450 then and
it has served us very well. I suspect the mid-point of any brand would be
good.

I prefer the Whirlpool brand because of the silverware basket in the door as
we do not run ours after every meal.

I will say that the new Bosch a family member bought is about the quietest
machine I have ever heard running.

Colbyt