Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_8_] Bruce[_8_] is offline

Default The future of DIY

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 00:38:39 +0000 (UTC), Tim Watts
wrote:

I don't like Wickes' attempt to be clever by ownbranding everything. Some
stuff is obvious as to who it is made by (most waste pipes because it's
stamped all over them) and Speedfit is obviously JG, but I *do* like to
know what I am buying.

I fail to see the benefit of them doing it.

If it enables me to buy a high quality branded item at a lower price,
I'm all for it.

I have no personal knowledge of how this works in DIY. But in the
food industry, many supermarket own brand items are top quality
products that are sold at well below the price of the exact same
product bearing the brand of its manufacturer.