Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default New Dishwasher

On 01/16/10 10:59 pm, mcp6453 wrote:

When I made my daily trip to Lowes, the salesman suggested that I get one of the
steel clad dishwasher hoses to replace the copper tubing all together. (My first
thoughts were to replace the copper with Pex, but it's not worth the trouble,
since I don't have the experience or the tools to use it.) Any thoughts to the
contrary?

I used a Watts "FloodSafe" hose. If the water flows excessively fast (as
it would if there were a leak), a valve at the supply end closes and
shuts off the flow.

My wife wants a plain and simple under-the-counter stainless dish washer. Is one
brand particularly better than another? We're not interested in ones like they
put in million dollar houses.

We have been satisfied with our Whirlpool-built Kenmore. We got an
intermediate-level model then bought as discounted spare parts
(pcappliancerepair.com) the more useful items that would have been
included (along with items that we considered not worth the money) in
the much-more-expensive top-of-the-line model.

Perce