Posted to alt.home.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default New Dishwasher

Our 22 year old dishwasher is finally worn out, so we're going to replace it.
When I removed it, I found several things that I didn't like. The copper tubing
for the water inlet is kinked. That makes me nervous. The power is coming
through a hole in the floor that is big enough for a mouse to get through.
That's an easy fix.

The dishwasher was installed incorrectly. The idiots who installed it put wood
shims under each roller and under the front feet. According to the manual, the
wheels should have been set on 4 or 5 for the cabinet height. They were set on
2. The front feet had plenty of room to unscrew.

When I made my daily trip to Lowes, the salesman suggested that I get one of the
steel clad dishwasher hoses to replace the copper tubing all together. (My first
thoughts were to replace the copper with Pex, but it's not worth the trouble,
since I don't have the experience or the tools to use it.) Any thoughts to the
contrary?

My wife wants a plain and simple under-the-counter stainless dish washer. Is one
brand particularly better than another? We're not interested in ones like they
put in million dollar houses.