Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default O/T: Abby Sunderland

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 23:09:21 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

On 1/15/2010 11:05 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Aren't proper justifications fun? I just love 'em!

A damn good incentive, IMO ... and a hellavu tradeoff, healthwise.

Indeed!

Well ... actually, that's not counting all the damn weight you can gain
in 19 years by quitting smoking.

I put on 10 or 15 pretty quick, but that's all that usually happens.
Some of that was muscle, too, as I got healther and was up and out
more. But quitting smoking doesn't mean that weight continues to
build, that's just old age catching up with your declining activity.
I'm 30+ pounds now above my high school weight, 39 years later, but I
was a swimmer in high school. (2nd place, JV letter, breast stroke.)

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.