Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default "Teenut". . . . . Gone, but not Forgotton

Randall Replogle wrote in news:hisqgf$k00$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

Does anyone have pictures of this setup? I've read this more than once
over the years and just can't "see" it. Maybe I'm just dense or maybe
it's just way opposite of how I was taught.....
RR

If you're having difficulty visualizing the process, try the "simple"
way:

1. Take a printed copy of the post into your shop.
2. Pick up a medium-to-large drill bit.
3. Take the drill bit AND the print-out over to your grinder.
4. Follow the instructions precisely WITHOUT turning on the grinder.
5. Observe what happens to both the drill bit AND your hands.

FWIW, the keys are
1. Forming a spiral groove in the flesh of your guiding hand without
doing permanent damage to it.
2. Getting the angle right when grinding.