Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.dbs.directv
Bill[_36_] Bill[_36_] is offline

Default Digital TV

mm wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:56:01 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

"Raymond Feist" wrote in message

Robert A. Heinlein from Napoleon's, "Never attribute to malice what can
be satisfactorily explained by incompetence."

That's better, I knew the version I had seen had "incompetence" in there.

1) Is there anything that happens today which doesn't instantly generate a
conspiracy theory to explain it?

2) How does anyone find enough programming worthwhile enough to care about
reception quality? If I were only able to watch a few hours of TV a week
that would probably be fine, just so long as This Old House and a couple of
other shows were on the list. Most of the rest lives up to the old "vast
wasteland" description the chairman of the FCC used so appropriately in
1961.

I remember 1961 and tv was a lot better then.

Hey, I was a lot better in 1961, too. vbg

Bill