Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] upscale@teksavvy.com is offline

Default O/T: Abby Sunderland

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:07:17 -0500, "J. Clarke"
The question is irrelevant. We aren't talking about choice of companions
for a trip, we're talking about how much experience one should have before
undertaking the trip at all.

And as usual, you tap dance (very poorly I might add) around the fact
that age always gives one experience. A teenager is not fully grown,
not fully mature and simply enough, not as experienced as she or he
might be with a few years of adulthood under their belt. Besides
practical experience which you seem to be focused on, there's
emotional and life experience. Both these things contribute to the
practical decisions that are made. There's your problem and what you
are failing to admit.

*That's* what you're refusing to acknowledge and it's exactly that
fact that shoots down any premise that you can offer for this girl to
be fully competent on this lark of a voyage.