Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Front door pair

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
m...
Fuoleum wrote:
I've bought a fairly old house (early 1900s) that had a recessed

front
door. Some decades ago (I suspect) the "porch" area had a pair of
doors put on.

As it turns out these are horrible and falling apart now in any

case.
The trouble is, I'd like to replace with a door pair (straight

swap),
but I'm having trouble finding external doors that small. I need

couple of 27" doors, but the doors I'm looking at seem to start at

30".
For an idea of what I'm after: http://tinyurl.com/ydpx6av

According to the information, 3" is a bit much to be lopping off

the
edges of the door! Any ideas, or am I going to be lumbered with

paying
through the nose for custom made?

Thanks very much

Try searching for "French doors", although these usually come with a

frame

A decent local joinery company could make you a pair for not too much.
I had the opposite problem a year or two ago and had an extra wide
door made to fit a shop front - it didn't break the bank.

AWEM