Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default O/T: Abby Sunderland

Leon wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Has anyone figured out what the differences in risks are between:
A) Walking home from work in a large/medium/small/rural city.
and
B) Circumnavigating the globe at age 16?

I don't believe the risks are so much the problem here as are how to
get out of a problem should you get into one.

Walk home, get mugged, get hit by a car, you have a reasonably good
chance of being seen and taken to a hospital should you survive...

Sail around the world, sink your boat in the middle of nowhere and
then what?

You trigger your EPIRB and wait for rescue of course. It's the 21st
century
you know.

And how do you get rescued when you get nabbed by a pimp and shot
full of drugs?

Risk is not so much the problem as is correcting the damage should a
problem happen.

So how do you get rescued from being run over by a bus?

I pity your kids.

Apparently you don't have kids...

Or maybe I just don't keep them bundled up in cotton so that when they turn
18 and they have to deal with the big bad drill sergeant they'll be ready.