Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Testing Nicad/nicd or NiMH cell ESR or SLA Gel Cell Battery Internal Resistance

Phil, thanks for the concise, definitive reply, very much appreciated.

I have a milliohm meter around here somewhere, but I don't know if it would
work for battery cells, and I can't remember the meter's resolution, either.
It's one of the digital display meters that are handy for checking circuit
board traces (with a variable audio tone) and other low resistance
measurements. The pitch of the tone gets higher as the resistance gets
lower.

--
Cheers,
WB

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

I've been doing a lot of reading wrt battery cell testing, but have only
seen one (affordable, reasonably priced) recommendation for testing
rechargeable cell ESR.. the Bob Parker ESR Meter.

http://www.flippers.com/esrkthnt.html (near the bottom)

** As you can see form the attribution - that article is one of mine.

Bob's ESR meter will not be much use for high capacity cells that have
only a few milliohms of ESR - as the lowest reading on the display is
10mohm

However, a pack of 4 or more cells would likely be testable and reveal
poor connections of the existence of a bad cell.

.... Phil