Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default A Well Regulated Militia

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:42:38 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

They aren't trying to stop illegal immigration because those workers are
what makes a lot of businesses a lot more in profits. Those same
businesses lobby the government to be lax about not getting rid of the
Mexicans. It works very well for the employers and no one else.

Immigrant labor costs less and drives down other labor rates. Cheap
labor drives down new home and food prices. There are costs and
benefits to everyone. We're not alone in maintaining a slave labor
class, we're only better at blaming each other for it.

Our population is only growing
because of letting in more people.

Got a cite for that?

Here are a couple for the opposite trend.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/boos...rics-baby.html
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2009/01/07/44797.aspx

Bringing a child into the world when one can't afford the support, and
has no idea if there will be a job for the additional body, is about
the most irresponsible thing I can think of. Yet it seems to have
become almost fashionable for even high school students to have kids,
and there also seems to be less stigma than ever for people of all
groups to have children they can't afford. The infant death rate is
pathetic, but at the same time old folks are being kept alive longer
despite the truly frightening trend toward unhealthy lifestyles. It
seems to me that all of it points to more population growth, more
scapegoating, and a further decrease in personal responsibility.

We owe more money than anyone. When you go bankrupt you can't fight
wars. We're in two wars we can't afford to fight. How about cutting
expenses by not doing that?

I think it's going to have get worse before it gets better. The
Soviets were still building space shuttles while their citizens were
standing in line for food. Heard any serious talk about acknowledging
reality here on that front? Hell, a lot of people are in favor of a
manned Mars mission. About 30% of US population will fight anyone who
works toward limiting denial of any kind. That's more than enough to
swing elections in favor of maintaining the denial for the foreseeable
future. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of folks in
line at a soup kitchen are in favor of all sorts of invasions, etc.

Wayne