Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default TV Licence

"Jason" wrote in message ...
Stewart wrote:
I have no TV but watch the news, weather etc on computer as well as using
bbc iplayer.
I regularly get a notice from the licencing authority telling me that if I
have a receiver (including computer) that can receive "live" tv then I must
buy a licence.

I suspect this refers to TV cards in the computer. Being able simply to access
the Internet does not require a TV licence.

Wrong I'm afraid ;-)

What I suspect is that we live in the only country in the world where some internet
video streams require a government permit and others don't.

How are you supposed to tell the difference?
Before anyone says that it's easy remember it's not just our domestic UK television
streams that are restricted in this way
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%