Fuoleum Fuoleum is offline
Junior Member

Default Front door pair

I've bought a fairly old house (early 1900s) that had a recessed front door. Some decades ago (I suspect) the "porch" area had a pair of doors put on.

As it turns out these are horrible and falling apart now in any case. The trouble is, I'd like to replace with a door pair (straight swap), but I'm having trouble finding external doors that small. I need a couple of 27" doors, but the doors I'm looking at seem to start at 30". For an idea of what I'm after: http://www.distinctivedoors.co.uk/ca...chatsworth-oak

According to the information, 3" is a bit much to be lopping off the edges of the door! Any ideas, or am I going to be lumbered with paying through the nose for custom made?

Thanks very much