Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Elfin Safety

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...
"N_Cook" wrote in -
september.org:

Anyone else ever burnt a hole in their kecks, from a drop of superglue
dripping on them ? Heat build up from fineness of threads or chemical
make-up of the cloth?

When I've spilled a drop of superglue on my pants,it just leaves a dark
spot that is hard and inflexible,and that doesn't wash out.

HTP can burst into flames when spilled on dirty fabrics.

Once when repairing the PCB runners on an ABS monitor case, that a previous
repairer had mucked up with solvent glue, I'd superglued most of the
shattered fragments of ABS back in - but a lot was just crumbs.

What I used to fill the gaps, was cigarette ash and superglue, a plug of ash
soaked in superglue is like granite - I noticed that the effect of ash on
superglue was that it set hard instantly, and produced a lot of heat in
doing so!