Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default O/T: Abby Sunderland

Leon wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:06:17 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

I'm with you, J. It shows how much the parents trust her and how
intelligent they believe she is. It's surely a character builder. But
that's not what the Nanny State wants. shrug

Exactly,,, reminds me of the "baloon boy" parents.. those that don't
think too far ahead.

OTOH, if (Somali!) pirates do get her, the parents will be
_crucified_ in the media.

As if any one but she and the pirates would ever know, I highly
suspect the secrets would go down with the boat, and as if the
pirates cared what any one thought.

And why would Somali pirates be operating 2500 miles from Somalia anyway.
Seems an awful long way to go to nab a teenager in a small sailboat--they'd
have to pass up an awful lot of more profitable freighters and tankers to
get there.

But if they did we might very well know about it--wouldn't put it past her
to set up a live feed.