Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28589 Ignoramus28589 is offline

Default Horrible accident with an amazing end. Warning: OT

On 2010-01-15, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:48:58 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus3181
scrawled the following:

On 2010-01-15, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:58:48 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus3181
scrawled the following:

On 2010-01-14, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:18:22 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus21235
scrawled the following:

Reminds me of my own collision with a moving train.

You hit a train? Whuffo? More info and pics, please!

It was a crossing without a warning light or a gate.

It was dark, I was tired, the train was slow, and I did not notice
it passing in front of me. I had about 1 year of experience driving.

I did hit the brake, but it was too late.

OMG! You ran right into a large, moving train?!? So you had only 1
year driving experience, but how many years riding and watching?

Also one year.

Really? How is it that you'd never been in a car until you got your
license? Very unusual.

I did not drive and I did not ride cars much, until I immigrated here.

Man, that's a bad one, Ig. You literally "hit the broad side of a
barn" with that one. Glad you made it! How slow was slow?

I would say, the train was going 10-15 MPH at most.

Wow, I'da thunk you'd see the lights showing from behind the cars as
the couplers went by in front of you. If it ws dark, I can see where
you'd miss that. You sure lucked out.

Yep, indeed.