Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Microswitches for Triton shower

In article ,
"Clive George" writes:
"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 15 Jan, 01:46, "Clive George" wrote:
I think the main microswitches (the ones which switch the two elements,
controlled via the power dial) on my T80i shower are dead

I'd agree with Fred here. However also check the over-temp safety
switches. I've fixed some T80s before now; I've seen dead temperature
switches, but the microswitches seem to last.

I've already rejuvenated mine a while ago - the contacts got knackered and
weren't conducting, so I scraped them clean. This time I thought I'd have a
go at finding out if replacements were rather cheaper than the Triton
prices. I've not actually got them out in front of me right now though.

If I was designing a shower like these, I'd use a high current
triac to do the switching, heaksunk to the incoming water supply.
Not to mention that would also give you the capability of more
proportional control too.

--
Andrew Gabriel