Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Mike is offline

Default TV Licence

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 02:16:50 -0800 (PST), Richard Russell
wrote:

I used to work where the current generation of TV detector
vans were designed, prototyped and tested. I know personally the
engineer who invented and developed their means of operation. I know
how they work, although obviously I can't say (beyond confirming that
they no longer detect the Local Oscillator radiation from the TV
tuner, as the older generation did).

Signed up to the official secrets act or something?

I can absolutely guarantee that the tv tuner a relative designed and
built 15 years ago as part of a research project cannot be detected by
*anything* other than a Mark 1 eyeball and ear.

He has the test results to prove it.