Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Mike is offline

Default TV Licence

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:23:22 +0000, Jason
wrote:

Mike wrote:

I use the tv for PS2 and DVD

Just be careful. If the tuner is still operating (and it is likely to be doing
so) when playing, then they can detect that and you will be up in court.

Caught in possession of a working local oscillator is not and never
has appeared in any UK legislation.

I could have a tv the size of a small car on my living room wall,
connected via RF on any UHF channel between 21 and 69, and fed from my
pattern generator such that it displayed a very close approximation of
the BBC test card. Just such an 'installation' wouldn't need any
licence whatsoever. I could at the same time leave all presets on the
TV set to specific channels on the local transmitter I can see out of
my window. The aerial plug could remain dangling from the wall just a
few feet away or, come analogue switch off when our local self
provided relay 'dies', I could even plug the aerial in. At no stage
is there *any* requirement for a licence.

Need I go on?