Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman D.M.Chapman is offline

Default The future of DIY

In article ,
Dave wrote:

Quite often that is down to the customers and the computer ordering
system. They buy rubbish wood and stack it up for sale.
The customer comes along and buys the best of the selection.
The worst of the selection stays on the shelf and the stock computer
say 'we have lots of wood, so don't order any more'.

Our local wickes always seems "ok" for wood. The other night they appeared
to have someone looking through the odds and ends and taking out any that
were too twisted or warped.

I assumed they were binning them (of course, could have been picking a
customer order I guess ;-))

Darren