Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default need 'puter for momma

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:15:09 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

My momma called and wants a new computer. She's an octogenarian and don't
like new fangled ways of doing the same thing. That means I should stay with
the operating system she knows - XP.

I went to Dell and they want an extra $150 to install XP on a windows 7
machine. She just needs a basic computer for internet, email, small
spreadsheet, and word. For myself I'd just get a used eBay. But I know momma
wants a new one. Any suggestions?

My new Acer came with Windows Vista Business and the fallback OS on
the drive was XP. It also came with a free upgrade to Win7, which I
installed. Check what's available at www.walmart.com . I gave $550
for a 2.4GHz minibox with 2GB ram, 160GB drive, and a 23"
monitor/kbd/mouse package. $8 to deliver it to me at home.

I'm still trying to figure out how to work with the data I brought
over from the old computer via Win7's Easy Transfer prog. Anyone BTDT?

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.