Posted to sci.electronics.repair
pedro[_2_] pedro[_2_] is offline

Default Strange LCD repair outcome

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:46:29 -0800 (PST), Jeroni Paul
wrote:

Try to fiddle a bit the VGA connector and try another cable / source.
Most of the times one of the color signals does not contact fully,
sometimes due to the connectors getting old or some bad solder joint.

On 12 Gen, 14:49, pedro wrote:
Followup: *Thanks to all for the comments. *While there is a certain
amount of adjustment available, it isn't enough to remove the pink
tinge completely. *Given that whites show as white from the test/menu,
I stick with my view that VGA signal processing is shot. *Whether the
video board took a hit from the SMPS failure I won't know until
another Samsung 740/940 crosses the bench, when I'll swap the boards.- Amaga el text entre cometes -

That was all checked out as soon as the pink tinge became evident.
Also checked compponents on the video board for any signs of distress
or dry joints, and finger probing as well.