Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Abby Sunderland

wrote:

You're kidding, right? I didn't see a smiley or wink, so I will
assume you were.

snip

Not at all.

As stated elsewhere, this 16 year old has been sailing since she was a
rug rat.

She is NOT just any 16 year old kid being thrown to the devil, but an
experienced sailor who is part of a sailing family who has also done
some single handed sailing.

Single handled sailing requires a certain focus.

You do it right or you do it dead.

IOW, you mature in a hurry.

She obviously has spent a lot of time not only developing a well
thought out game plan, but also the equipment needed and her required
personal preparation to accomplish the desired end result.

This is not some hocus pocus 15 minutes of fame gig, but a well
thought out plan of an experienced sailor who just happens to be 16
years old.

BTW, the Modesto Bee needs to get a sailor on staff if they want to
cover a seafaring event.

Being land locked in the central valley gives them a good perspective
on growing crops, but sailing, not so much.

Lew