Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default The future of DIY

Jules wrote:

Interesting. HD's my local 'big' DIY store these days, and it's true they
do some things well - but I've found plenty of staff there who have no
clue about anything, and their prices are typically quite a bit higher
than the farm supply place just down the road, and the quality generally a
little lower (HD's lumber often isn't up to much

Quite often that is down to the customers and the computer ordering
system. They buy rubbish wood and stack it up for sale.
The customer comes along and buys the best of the selection.
The worst of the selection stays on the shelf and the stock computer
say 'we have lots of wood, so don't order any more'.

and I quite often see
things on the shelves that have been trashed in transit but put out anyway).

I had a part time job at Buy and Queue for 6 months and found out that
they only sold what can only be described as crap.

If I want anything now, I go to a local independent DIY store.

Dave