Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default roof condensation

Fred
wibbled on Thursday 14 January 2010 21:44

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:29:09 +0000, Hugo Nebula abuse@localhost
wrote:

Does your roof have breathable felt or traditional?

I don't know, how would I tell? It's a 1970's house if that helps?

Likely non breathable I would guess. If it looks black and shiny and like
it's made of sackcloth painted with black gunk, it's probably old style
sarking which is not breathable. Not sure what else they used then but
although Tyvek (breathable) has been around since the late 60's I not sure
if it was widely used then - probably very expensive.

--
Tim Watts

Icicles - nature's way of pinpointing all the leaks in your guttering...