Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Charlie Smith Charlie Smith is offline

Default LED Instrument Panel lighting

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"John Larkin" wrote in
message ...
A switching regulator can approach 100%, but is probably not worth the
hassle here.

Pffbt ;-)
http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/Images/CC_Buck.gif
With a regulated 5V rail, you can replace the two diodes with a resistor.
You can also drop the capacitor, at some expense to switching performance.

The feedback winding is so small, you can probably use an ordinary
solenoid choke and run a few loops of track around it on the PCB.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

Does that LT8030 linear regulator seem a good sub here for the L78S
regulator? Seems to solve the noise issue and provide future flexibility to
put in two LED's in series. With the L78, no possiblity to do that as it
puts out 5V. Anything about that option I should know about before I order
one with a trim pot?

Thanks group.
Charlie