Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default need 'puter for momma

On Jan 14, 11:37*am, "Karl Townsend"

Dell has worked well for her. Not top quality but acceptable. Here's one for
$250.http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...dcwua1&c=us&l=...
Can New Egg even come close?

Karl

Vista Home Basic, no monitor, no productivity software, only a 30 day
trial of McAfee.

You didn't say what her connection speed is. For Pete C, downloading
OpenOffice and AVG over dialup would take hours.

Both can be downloaded elsewhere and installed from the copy, but AVG
then needs to load it's entire database.

Dell's office line is higher quality. My HDTV recording PC is in the
middle, a student-grade Dimension 2400 that's just barely adequate as
long as I kill all non-essential processes. I bought it as-is and it
was a "learning experience".

jsw