Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default need 'puter for momma

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
My momma called and wants a new computer. She's an octogenarian and don't
like new fangled ways of doing the same thing. That means I should stay
with the operating system she knows - XP.

I went to Dell and they want an extra $150 to install XP on a windows 7
machine. She just needs a basic computer for internet, email, small
spreadsheet, and word. For myself I'd just get a used eBay. But I know
momma wants a new one. Any suggestions?

Karl

Check out Tiger Direct. I needed a new XP Pro machine for my CNC controller
and I had dozens of options this last summer. Bought an E-machine for 299 I
think that just screams compared to my old CNC controller.