Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Shelf Pin Holes

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:12:29 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:46:01 -0700, the infamous Doug Winterburn
scrawled the following:

Leon wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
OUCH! I can imagine the gut and ribs hurt, too, working overhead and
sideways like that. Didja swat that sumbish -good- for making you do
that? What a pal he is.

When you do physical work you some times get sore. I was probably just
adding more to my already hulking muscles. :~)

I was and am certainly not complaining. The experience is well worth it.

...and after putting down hardwood flooring in the west end of the
house, I discovered I really did have [sore] butt muscles. Never knew
they were there before that.

Yeah, what we thought were one butt muscle turned out to be several
different glutes and a few other helpers down there. Every time I do
flooring or a deck, my lower back and glutes let me know it.

It took about 8 months for my right arm and shoulder to fully recover
after building my deck. Lying on your back driving approx 2200 screws
from the underside isn't as much fun as it may sound... Who knew?

And that was after driving about 2000 nails by hand attaching the joist
track.

I hope you charged the owner a couple of new tools (machines, eh?) for
that. She forced you into doing the hidden fastener scam, right?
Thot so.

--
What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of
having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's