Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex4 Vortex4 is offline

Default Best Mains Water Pressure Reducing Valve?

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"Vortex4" wrote in message
In my area we have ridiculously high water pressure. Last measured at
10.8 bar last week.

Internally - some years ago - I installed an IMI pressure reducer valve
like BES 9434 http://www.bes.co.uk/products/110.asp. This works very
nicely - when it works (which is most of the time)!

The problem is that on occasions it does not completely shut off and the
water pressure can creep up....stopping at a pressure that is too high
and occasionally not stopping until it equalises with the supply. This
can be alarming! (BTW this is my second valve of the type. They do
have an integral grot-trap).

I am contemplating putting in an alternative valve and have found a
Honeywell unit like this: http://tinyurl.com/yf5o52z

Does anybody have any experience or opinions on the best/most reliable
pressure reducer valves? If so I'd appreciate your wisdom!

ps I AM in dialogue with the Water supplier about this. It would be
great for them to reduce the pressure at source but but progress is
"glacial".

Stick to the Honeywell valve.

I went with Honeywell and expecting delivery today.