Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 30 years ago....

In article ,
geoff writes:
In message , Clot
writes
I've subscribed to NS for 40 years and consider myself to be a scientist. NS
is not what it was, though never considered as a "peer reviewed" type of
magazine.

I can't remember how many years I have been subscribed to NS

However ...

I'm just not going to renew my subscription

Its become too americanised, and you could hardly call some of the
articles "science" or even engineering

Bad Haiku

New Scientist
Once you were good
now ****e

I was subscribed to NS when I was at school - they ran a school deal
at the time where if there were at least 20 subscriptions, they were
10p each. I carried on with it through university. I had a research
job and at the time and thought I would continue in research (until I
realised how badly it payed); NS that was the journal which advertised
such jobs then.

Between about 1980 and 1985, it seemed to move away from Physics (my
area) and more into Biology (not my area), so I dropped at at that
point.

--
Andrew Gabriel