Posted to alt.home.repair
Godspeed[_2_] Godspeed[_2_] is offline

Default How to fix leak in 5k gallon steel water tank on concrete pad

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:26:39 -0600, dpb wrote:

Assuming you're in CA from the fire protection requirement, here's one
link that might be of some interest--they have black poly from roughly
the $2k range.
http://www.watertanks.com/contact.asp

I agree. The original estimate was wrong. The "poly" tanks appear to be
about $2,000 (plus California 10% sales tax).

From this link, there appear to be only 3 manufacturers (Norwesco, Inc. of
St. Bonifacius, Minnesota, Snyder Industries of Lincoln, Nebraska and RMI
in Gardena, California).
http://www.winebusiness.com/wbm/?go=...e&dataId=50707

They advertise a one to three year warranty for the poly tanks but say they
can last 15 years or more.

The tanks I have are welded painted steel, not corrogated or galvanized.
Looking that up, it appears the major players are "All State Tanks" of
Grove, Oklahoma, and "Columbia TecTank" of Kansas City, Kansas, both of
whom mostly erect the tanks in the field.

The web site above says "A 5,000 gallon steel tank may cost $3 per gallon"
so that's what the well guy must be talking about when he told me it would
be $20,000 to replace my 5,000 gallon steel tank.