Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Royston Vasey Royston Vasey is offline

Default Laser guide for press brake in DropBox

On 2010-01-14, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I added a laser guide to my press brake:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/LaserGuide.pdf

A neat idea.

Note that there are tiny cartridges available with the laser
diode and the line generator (which appears to simply be some small
round glass rods stacked side by side. This is present both in the one
which I have, and in the slide-on line generator in my laser level. It
should be possible to make one for use with a laser pointer.

The cartridge has the advantage of a lot less hanging out to be
damaged -- and easier to build a protective housing around in any case.

The search used below was for "laser line generator".

For an example of the cartridge, take a look at eBay auction
#150378954644 (green line).

#180453928361 gives you a red line -- but way too much power, I
think (90-100 mW). It is in China, FWIW, while the green one is in
California.

And here is one like what I have -- at 5 mW it is noticeably
safer. They are asking $15.00 for buy-it-now. #360166294361

Please excuse the on topic post.

I think that we'll excuse it -- this time. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Interesting, so looking from the side the line generators are like this?

oooo CIRCULAR BEAM oooo OOOOO --- LINE OUT ------

^^^^^
Row of n rod lenses