Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default LED Instrument Panel lighting

RST Engineering wrote:

Sure they are, you just can't run a LOT of DC current through them,
especially on the ends of the tracks.

Jim

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:07:25 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

An audio taper pot should help with the brightness question?

They really aren't intended for DC current.

Then explain why Delco had to replace several million audio taper
pots in their AM car radios? They had a few milliamps flowing, yet over
70% failed within two years. I got to where I could replace them
without looking at the chassis more than a few glances. Prewire the
replacement, bolt it in and move a few wires.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.